California Lifeline Program provide financial assistance to low-income California residents and help ensure that they can afford telephone service, either through a traditional telephone company or through a qualified wireless provider.
Do You Qualify for Lifeline California?
To qualify for Lifeline you must be enrolled in a qualifying social service program (see below):
- Food Stamps
- Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Free Lunch Program
- OR your income must be below 150% of the federal poverty guidelines.
If you think you may qualify, please call your local telephone company, AT&T, at 1-800-288-2020.