Ohio Lifeline Program provides financial assistance to low-income Ohio residents and helps ensure that they can afford telephone service, either through a traditional telephone company or through a qualified wireless provider.
Do You Qualify for Lifeline Ohio?
To qualify for Lifeline Ohio you must be enrolled in a qualifying social service program (see below):
- Food Stamps
- Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Free Lunch Program
- OR your income must be below 150% of the federal poverty guidelines.
The benefits of Ohio Lifeline Telephone
- Special payments arrangements on outstanding balances
- Monthly discount on basic service of over $12.00
- Optional toll restriction at no charge
- Optional services available (e.g., Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.)
- Additional lines allowed
- Blocking of pay-per-use (e.g., 3-Way Calling, etc.)
- Optional blocking of 900 / 976 numbers
If you think you may qualify, please call AT&T at 1-800-335-8721