Alabama Lifeline Program provide financial assistance to low-income Alabama residents and help ensure that they can afford telephone service, either through a traditional telephone company or through a qualified wireless provider.
Do You Qualify for Lifeline Alabama?
To qualify for Alabama Lifeline you must be enrolled in a qualifying social service program (see below):
- Food Stamps
- Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Free Lunch Program
- OR your income must be below 150% of the federal poverty guidelines.
The benefits of Lifeline Alabama include:
- Monthly discount on basic service of at least $9.25
- Waiver of deposit for local servic
- Optional toll restriction at no charge
- Optional blocking of 900/976 numbers
- Additional lines allowed
- Optional services available (e.g., Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.)
- Optional blocking of pay-per-use features
If you think you may qualify, please call 1-800-540-7039